Welcome Home Soldier!

Welcome Home Soldier!

Monday, July 13, 2015

One Marines View: Semper Fidelis

I wanted to introduce a great blog that I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to come across; it is called One Marine’s View: Semper Fidelis. One Marine’s view is a tell it like is kind of blog. It depicts the view of a former Marine, Maj Pain, which comments on today’s current events that surround the military. Maj Pain is a former veteran; he was once an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corp and went off to become an officer. Through his many deployments and multiple combat tours he has gain a respect and admiration for former Marines.  Each of his posts displays his high regard for the Marines. He gives us his in-depth view and unfiltered commentary on the political and social events concerning our members of The Armed Forces. 
I particularly took interest in his post titled “36 Marine Heroesof the Pacific WWII Theater Found 71 Years After Death.” This post encompasses the sometimes horrible truth about the dangers of war. During WWII Marines fought long and hard in a violent Battle of the Tarawa in November 1943. Do to some unfortunate events many Marines died in the battle, 36 of whom were never brought back home until this year. The post goes on, in detail, describing one of the Marines, the intricate role he played in the war. I decided I wanted to add my own commentary to this post because as a former Marine I know the importance of returning home whether it is safely or not. Under no circumstances do we leave any Marines behind. It is heart wrenching to know that there is a grave stone with these gentlemen’s names on them that blatantly lie, stating it as their final resting ground. I am pleased to hear that after proper identification of these bodies, they will return home and to be placed to rest as they should have been many, many years ago. I go on to write: 


I enjoyed reading this post and admire the importance of bringing our Marines home under any circumstances. It is very unfortunate these brave men have been so far from home through all these years. They died defending our country and deserve to rest in peace in their own home. I am comforted to hear the tale of 1st Lt. Alexander Bonnyman and gleam with joy that he is finally going to make it home. He has earned the great Medal of Honor amongst other praises, with doing so he has also earned the respect of a final resting place. The dignity I have for all my fellow Marines holds true even up to their very last breath, and it is great to know the same holds true for others as well. I hope my blog; Welcomehomemarine.blogspot.com can be as empowering as yours. Semper Fidelis!

Although  each comment is accepted at the discretion of the author on whether it will be posted, I hope when I check back in I see my comment, it lies right under this wonderful post about these heroic Marines. I surely recommend others in viewing this blog and getting an eagle eyes view of a truly exemplary blog. This blog has went on to win many awards including the Patriotic Website Award, which I can only dream of doing so myself one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment